Monday, June 8, 2015

I am worth it and so are you!

It has been a long two years of putting myself last and taking care of my needs before others.
In my last post "how to never leave yourself behind" I talked about how I finally started taking care of myself and not leaving myself behind, but it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I finally and truly did have enough.
Enough pain in my body, enough of not being able to exercise, enough of eating just because and enough of being a wife and mother who wasn’t truly present in her relationship with her husband and her daughter.

To be honest it wasn’t a huge breakthrough moment, it was just a moment of knowing what it felt like to feel good in my skin and wanting to feel that way again.

So I started slowly just as I had done before. I knew how to get there; it was just motivation and self-care that I was lacking.

I felt that it was time that my body needed strength building exercises that pushed me to where I needed and a little beyond. I needed more stretching and more cardio to work every part of me.

So it started with signing up with some friends to a crossfit gym. I had done crossfit before and what I love about it is that it’s a group activity with a trainer to motivate you and help you. Another plus is that everyone greets each other and if you’re new, people actually introduced themselves and make you feel welcome.  It’s not your typical gym where you check-in, plug in and leave and I so need that.

Then I started drinking a lot more water (alot) more than my 3 glasses a day and I continued having a veggie smoothie with veggies and fruits that made me strong and reduced inflammation.  

I also made sure that with what I ate, I had some sort of green vegetable or salad with lunch and dinner.

I also began scheduling once a month massages and continued getting together with my girlfriends.

I finally really started taking care of me and putting myself first when it came to certain things.

These small but powerful changes have made such a difference in how I feel, how I sleep and I how I treat and act around my family.

Although I may not be to where I want to be quite yet……I know that I will continue making small changes that make me a better woman and overall human because I AM WORTH IT!


So now it’s your turn to know you are truly worth it!

Begin by asking yourself these powerful questions and start scheduling time for you in your calendar:

Q1: What is one small step I can take this week that I know I could do successfully towards taking care of me?

Q2: What am I REALLY commited to doing? (not something you "think" you want to do)

Q3: When do I plan to do this by? (Schedule it)

Q4: What would success look like? (Going out to dinner and feeling confident)

Q5:What would it feel like if my needs were met? (Would you be happier, in a better mood, a more patient mommy?)


Sending you all the love & strength you need to realize YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Gratitude, Nancy







No comments:

Post a Comment